We caught up on our Jesse Tree. It's really kind of lame this year. Or I could say it's very child-driven. Michael drew the tree and the kids are adding an ornament made of paper each day. I'll have to take a picture eventually.
We're also doing our own spin on O Antiphon Windows. We're making them from black construction paper frames and kite paper/tissue paper and hanging them in our kitchen window.
Katie Grace is wrapping up a math unit on probability, fractions, and geometry, and Michael learned about centimeters and decimeters. Ah, the metric system.
I decided to wait on mummifying a chicken until we hit book one again. Everyone will be three years older, and it will probably be more meaningful. I have this feeling mummifying a chicken is a project you only do once.
Michael finished excavating the Egyptian tomb painting reliefs and coins that were part of a kit I found at T J Maxx, and both he and Katie Grace made crayon rubbings.
Then we painted our names in hieroglyphics:
We started our exploration of which stands the test of time better: clay tablets or papyrus parchment. We put both outside and we'll see what happens.
We're planning on wrapping up the day reading Tomie de Paola's The Night of Las Posadas and listening to Harry and the Potters sing Wizard Chess.
0 comments:
Post a Comment