Daylight Savings Time is kicking our butts.
Michael is an emotional basketcase and is going back into therapy.
Daniel seems to have forgotten how to sleep last night.
Nicholas is answering "NO!" pretty much automatically.
Katie Grace has decided she's 6 going on 16.
And last night I accidentally ate some Jelly Bellies with Splenda and had some sort of allergic reaction with the nastiest tummy issues I've ever dealt with.
We haven't done a whole lot of school this week. To make myself feel better, I'm listing what we've done.
MATH: We ended our Sir Cumference geometry unit. For a closing project, Michael is making a poster of the kingdom and labeling key vocab words. He also started with fractions and we used magnetic fraction bars to make equivalent fractions. He's also been keeping up with his daily math book. Katie Grace started her second-to-last chapter in math: sums and differences through 18. We reviewed addition and subtraction strategies and made a poster. We also played Moneywise Kids.
LANGUAGE ARTS: We skipped spelling this week. We skipped handwriting this week. Katie Grace has been chugging along with her reading lessons. Michael finished The Wright Brothers (Childhood of Famous Americans) and is creating a children's picture book based on it. He did a storyboard and started the book today. It's called Dynamite Wrights! Michael did a page in his grammar main lesson book about abstract and concrete nouns (thanks, Serendipity!). We started reading Mandy as a read-aloud, but it's really boring to me, so we're going to put it aside. I don't feel guilty because (a) we've read it out loud at least once before and (b) we have the book on tape, read by Julie Andrews herself. We also finished the Christmas Kirsten American Girls book. Oh, and we went to the library.
CHRISTIAN ED: We haven't done any formal Christian ed this week. We're learning Natalie Sleeth's Hymn of Promise for Easter, and they had Sunday School and church and choir.
SCIENCE: Nothing formal. We got a few more books about fish from the library. I've been slowly setting up a science station on the upstairs landing.
SOCIAL STUDIES: We read two chapters in Story of the World but haven't done any extras. We've been reading lots of Greek myths, which they love.
MUSIC AND ART: Nothing formal. Listening to Broadway soundtracks. We did look at and copy some illustrations from The Book of Kells. Also, I got this pop-out animal thingie on sale at Borders. They're decorating them as part of the 24/7 Lion King-a-palooza that is our life around here. Oh, and Michael has orchestra this week.
Writing it down, it seems like we've done more than we actually have.
Oh, and did I mention I lost the camera again. Uh huh.
We've moved... come and join us!
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment