Monday, June 8, 2009

Use this summer for social justice

“Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.”
~ Mother Teresa

Teaching Tolerance recently sent out an article via email: Use this summer for social justice.

1. Take time to renew and reflect.
I found some great resources here.

2. Visit or learn more about a site of conscience.
Visit a civil rights site or other place of significance to the struggle for justice and peace.

3. Broaden your perspective with books and blogs.
You can find a list of books from a Catholic perspective here.

4. Connect with a social justice group near you.
I found a list here. You will, of course, want to be carefully to screen for orthodoxy.

5. Identify three new ways to integrate social justice themes into your curriculum.
I would like to suggest The Butterfly Project through the Holocaust Museum in Houston as one possibility.

And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8

0 comments: