7:15 Hubby woke up and went downstairs to read Lord of the Rings to Michael. I snuggled with Nicholas and listened to NPR.
7:45 Got Nicholas dressed and realized Michael had a two-hour delay. We had an inch of snow! Got myself dressed, tidied the bathroom, and put clothes away. Helped supervise the kids' morning routines.
8:30 Put in a load of laundry and ate breakfast. Got Katie Grace started on her daily work and set Michael up writing a long overdue thank you note to his Mimi and PeePaw for their birthday gift. Nicholas built with blocks.
9:00 Did snap circuits with Michael while Katie Grace did her copywork. This week it's
All outside is dark and cold
But just beneath the earth
Sleep seeds from which new life springs
Bringing Nature's gifts to earth.
But just beneath the earth
Sleep seeds from which new life springs
Bringing Nature's gifts to earth.
We've been taking it very, very slowly, one line at a time.
9:30 Michael read a story to Nicholas and built with blocks with him while Katie Grace and I finished up. Today we did H, for Mother Holle's house.
10:00 Michael and I worked to pack his lunch and make sure he was ready for school. We also all had snack (organic fruit leather and honey sticks--holy sugar, Batman!)
10:30 More laundry and a little decluttering. Katie Grace and Nicholas disappeared upstairs and played. While they were occupied, I worked on writing out some music for the spring book.
11:00 Kids were still playing nicely, so I did a little planning for next week, when we focus on St. Patrick's Day. I should have cleaned, but the baby is sitting on my tailbone and I'm having a lot of ouchies today.
11:30 Kids were STILL playing nicely, so I went upstairs to be near them. Finished cleaning out the hall closet.
Noon Heated up beef stew for lunch.
12:30 Katie Grace and Nicholas helped scrub sweet potatoes. I put them on to boil for dinner. While they cooked, we tidied the kitchen a little. Meanwhile, the rescue workers showed up with the truck and collected a month's worth of decluttering from the porch. Nicholas was very sad--"Dat man is taking all our books!!!!"--so we stopped watching and went back to the kitchen and played with play dough for a bit.
1:00 When the potatoes were done, I drained them and popped the peels off. We added butter and brown sugar and Katie Grace and Nicholas used the potato masher to smoosh them. We sang an impromptu potato smooshing song.
1:30 One of the toys I found while decluttering was a wooden telephone. We added it to the play kitchen and Nicholas and Katie Grace made some very important phone calls while I cleared the playroom table.
2:00 Little Bear and Little House
2:45 Quiet time, including Bob the Builder.
3:30 Michael came home. We made popcorn for snack.
4:00 Played in the snow. Well, the kids played in the snow. I watched.
4:30 Warmed up and cleaned the downstairs.
5:00 The older two went to choir and Nicholas helped me make dinner.
9:30 Michael read a story to Nicholas and built with blocks with him while Katie Grace and I finished up. Today we did H, for Mother Holle's house.
10:00 Michael and I worked to pack his lunch and make sure he was ready for school. We also all had snack (organic fruit leather and honey sticks--holy sugar, Batman!)
10:30 More laundry and a little decluttering. Katie Grace and Nicholas disappeared upstairs and played. While they were occupied, I worked on writing out some music for the spring book.
11:00 Kids were still playing nicely, so I did a little planning for next week, when we focus on St. Patrick's Day. I should have cleaned, but the baby is sitting on my tailbone and I'm having a lot of ouchies today.
11:30 Kids were STILL playing nicely, so I went upstairs to be near them. Finished cleaning out the hall closet.
Noon Heated up beef stew for lunch.
12:30 Katie Grace and Nicholas helped scrub sweet potatoes. I put them on to boil for dinner. While they cooked, we tidied the kitchen a little. Meanwhile, the rescue workers showed up with the truck and collected a month's worth of decluttering from the porch. Nicholas was very sad--"Dat man is taking all our books!!!!"--so we stopped watching and went back to the kitchen and played with play dough for a bit.
1:00 When the potatoes were done, I drained them and popped the peels off. We added butter and brown sugar and Katie Grace and Nicholas used the potato masher to smoosh them. We sang an impromptu potato smooshing song.
1:30 One of the toys I found while decluttering was a wooden telephone. We added it to the play kitchen and Nicholas and Katie Grace made some very important phone calls while I cleared the playroom table.
2:00 Little Bear and Little House
2:45 Quiet time, including Bob the Builder.
3:30 Michael came home. We made popcorn for snack.
4:00 Played in the snow. Well, the kids played in the snow. I watched.
4:30 Warmed up and cleaned the downstairs.
5:00 The older two went to choir and Nicholas helped me make dinner.
1 comments:
Snap circuits! My kids love those!
Post a Comment