Tuesday, February 27, 2007

G g

8:00 Up, dress, tidy the bathroom.

8:30 Nicholas wandered downstairs in time to say goodbye to Daddy and Michael. He helped make toast (he loves getting it out with the tongs!) and had some fruit. Katie Grace helped me sweep and wiped the table. I was very tired today. This pregnancy is in the home stretch. I didn't want to do ANYTHING today, but I just kept telling myself that all I had to accomplish was the next thing. I tried not to look too far ahead. The house was a mess--we had an insane weekend--which made it even more difficult. I tried to sing some songs as I tidied, and it helped.

9:00 Started to vacuum the living room while Nick tried to build with blocks in my path and Katie Grace did some busywork. Vacuumed the playroom with everyone's help. We sang songs and said verses and fingerplays as we moved things around, and that was our modified circle time.

9:30 G is for Mother Holle's goose. This was our last Mother Holle drawing. We also got out the glass gems and played some math games with King Winter and Jack Frost. Finally, started copying a new poem:
Blow, North Wind, Blow!
All the leaves are falling.
Cold, frost, and snow--
Winter comes a-calling!

10:00 We were going to make the rice pudding from the recipe in The Waldorf Kindergarten Snack Book, but the phone rang right at snack time. It was my neighbor and we were discussing the homeschool co-op, so we ended up having organic juice-sweetened animal crackers instead. We'll make the pudding later this week.

10:30 Played some beanbag games with Nicholas, and then got him and Katie Grace playing together while I put together a shelf. Now we have our "landing pad" for hats, mittens, bags, etc!

11:00 The great clothes sort continues! Nicholas and Katie Grace built a house for their pretend kitty while I worked on this.

11:30 Finished tidying downstairs. The kids sort of wandered in and out, sometimes helping and sometimes playing. The house was awful. Our good vacuum had been in the shop--it's home, thank goodness--and my hubby had a lock-in at church for The 30-Hour Famine from Friday to Saturday. Saturday night he took some of the kids to a concert, Sunday morning he had church, then a church basketball league pizza party, then he had an ecumenical service that evening. It was just crazy busy, but I am really glad we had time to catch up on everything and set it to rights today.

12:00 Daddy came home and made lunch. We also finished setting up the family altar.

12:30 Told the story of The Snow Child. Katie Grace LOVES this story (although in our version, the Snow Child comes back each winter). She wants to make a nature table with characters from the story, so I have to figure out how to make a snow child. I'm thinking maybe from a baby sock?

1:00 Made a marinade for dinner. The marinade had baking soda and rice wine vinegar, and Katie Grace and Nicholas loved the bubbles. I hadn't eaten lunch, so I got a lot of stuff out to make a salad. Katie Grace decided she wanted one too, so we sat together and ate salad.

1:30 We made "winter windows" by drawing a picture on dark blue paper and then cutting a black "window frame" to glue over it. Inspired by the story, Katie Grace drew a beautiful Snow Child.

2:00 Since we had to pick Michael up today, the kids just played while I worked on the menu and grocery list for next week.

2:30 Read a page of Little Bear Goes to the Moon. Katie Grace was laughing the whole time. She really found it funny.

2:45 Went to pick up Michael. We left early so we would get a parking spot in front of the school. We took Little House on the Prairie along with us and read while we waited.

3:15 Michael was surprised to see us! Usually Daddy picks him up. Came home, had snack. Michael did his homework while Katie Grace got ready for ballet.

3:45 The babysitter arrived and I took Katie Grace to ballet.

5:00 Home and started dinner. We had a really yummy sesame beef and stir-fried rice. Daddy had a meeting, so after our Bible story for Lent (Sarah Laughs) the kids helped clear the table. I told them the legend of the Pheonix and they played a little before baths and bed.

0 comments: