Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Rhythm of Our Day, Part 2

So, we've had snack, the baby is fed, the children have run around in the fresh air, and I've cleaned up a bit.

Around 11, Katie Grace and I snuggle down for some language arts. We maybe do one lesson from The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading, or something from First Language Lessons. We read a picture book together, or maybe do some copywork. It's pretty non-pressured, but she does know how to read, so we're just going on in little chunks.

At 11:30, if he's awake, I put Daniel down on the blanket and he and Katie Grace play together for as long as he's happy about it. Nicholas and I have have some Seasons of Joy preschool time. This is also the time that I do anything he wanted to do from his "Mama Basket." The "Mama Basket" is where he puts any books, games, or toys that he wanted me to play with him while I was working with Katie Grace.

Noon is lunch. The kids help clean up and wash the dishes. This is more an exercise in water play than in actual cleaning. I take a few minutes to pray and catch my breath, and then we have read-aloud time. Right now we are reading Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. I try to read a picture book to Nicholas when we're finished.

I'll finish up our day tomorrow.

0 comments: