Monday, September 10, 2007

Semsi Mountain, Shut Thyself!

Today we told the tale of Simeli Mountain. To be honest, I don't know that Katie Grace is ready for some of the "heavier" fairy tales. I saw her little face when I got to the end part where it says

"Bird, have we caught thee at last! Didst thou think we had never noticed that thou hadst been in here twice? We could not catch thee then; this third time thou shalt not get out again!" Then he cried, "It was not I, it was my brother," but let him beg for his life and say what he would, they cut his head off. - -"

And I could see the look of panic on her little face, so I changed it to "and they left him shut up there forever." And she was still ticked off! I promised her that tomorrow she could dictate her alternate ending to me.


Also, we played a spontaneous game of Simon Says that was also PE. When I said "Semsi Mountain, open!" they would do an open jumping jack, and when I said "Semsi Mountain, close thyself!" they would go into a closed position. But if I said Semeli Mountain open or close, they didn't move.Ugh, Nicholas's shirt is dreadful. You can tell it was after lunch. *hides head in shame*


0 comments: