Today we read the story of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The the two older children drew pictures in their main lesson books. I found this blog too late, but it has some awesome ideas. I can't wait until next year!
Tomorrow is Santa Lucia, and we spent a good chunk of the day making our Lucia buns.
Katie Grace kneaded the dough:
See those bangs? She cut them herself. Sigh.
Rolling the dough
The rolls are cut and ready to bake (OK, I admit it, we used a mix. But we still had to add yeast, knead the dough, etc. The only thing the mix did was premix the flour and stuff!)
And we have Lucia buns!
Nicholas helped clean up.
Katie Grace is very excited, although she has to do sans wreath. But I am trying hard not to let perfection be the enemy of the good.
Then, we put together our Advent nature table (finally). We are adding stars to the sky each night.
We also have a family altar, with an Advent wreath Katie Grace made at Advent Family Craft Night:
2 comments:
Great pictures! Your nature table is lovely and I adore the idea of adding a star to the sky each night. :)
I love KG's hair! I love it. It looks pretty stylish to me. Short bangs are in.
Post a Comment