4 cups oats
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup wheat germ or oat bran
Then add another 3 cups of "stuff"-- raisins or other dried fruits, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chocolate or carob chips, nuts, dry milk, the good stuff
Combine all the dry stuff and set it aside.
Melt 1/4 cup of butter. Add 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup brown rice syrup, 1/2 cup brown sugar. Bring it almost to a boil and add 1/2 cup peanut butter. Stir until melted. Add 2 tsp vanilla.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix well. Press into a greased 11 x 13 pan. Refrigerate and then cut into bars.
We've moved... come and join us!
14 years ago
3 comments:
A scrumptious recipe! We made these last night...added some dried blueberries that I had purchased from Sam's Club to add just a bit of sweetness.
Thanks so much for sharing!
Delurking to ask where I can get brown rice syrup?
Thanks!
I got mine at the Health Food Store. I've also seen it at the health food section of Wegmans.
Post a Comment