Tuesday, March 10, 2009

World Water Day


I have the coolest friends.

Yesterday, I blogged about Raise the Change, a brand new site started by two of my online friends.

Today, I'd like to bring to your attention to Dream Village and its World Water Day activities, a project another friend of mine is working on.

From their materials:
"Dream Village educates children about important social, economic, and environmental issues by combining illustrated children’s picture books with a fun and interactive web portal. Best of all, the children choose how and where Dream Village makes its charitable donations. With Dream Village, children learn, interact, and then affect real-life positive change."

"We are looking for schools and individual teachers who are looking for a fun, informative, and accessible way to educate their children on the global water crisis and who are also interested in teaching their children about getting involved and making a difference."

1 in 6 people do not have adequate access to clean, fresh water. You can make a difference!

0 comments: