Monday, February 8, 2010

Circle Time: Valentine's Day

Come along with me, walking walking in our circle.
Come along with me, it's circle time again.
Come along with me, we will sing and dance together.
Come along with me, it's circle time my friend!

(Dancing, skipping, hopping, etc)
Annette Frontz, Winter Seasons of Joy

Light the candle.

Will you be my Valentine, my Valentine, my Valentine?
Will you be my Valentine, my very special friend?
Yes, I'll be your Valentine, your Valentine, your Valentine!
Yes, I'll be your Valentine, your very special friend!
Source unknown-- I remember this one from my general music classes at Catholic school!

When you look in your mailbox,
What do you think you'll see?
It might be a Valentine
And it might be from me!
Finger Frolic

Next we play A-Tisket, A-Tasket. It's hard with only a few little people, but they still like it!
A tisket, a tasket,
A green and yellow basket.
I wrote a letter to my love
And on the way I dropped it.
I dropped it, I dropped it,
And on the way I dropped it.
A little birdie picked it up
And put it in his pocket.
Traditional

Love somebody, yes I do!
Love somebody, yes I do!
Love somebody, yes I do!
Love somebody but I won't say who.

Love somebody, yes I do!
Love somebody, yes I do!
Love somebody, yes I do!
Love somebody and its you, you, you!
Traditional

And we've always, always, ever since I was preschool teacher before I even had kids, ended out Valentine's circle with "Mail Myself to You".



0 comments: