Today was remarkably smooth, especially considering that Michael was home from school. Daddy took Michael to his dentist appointment first thing, and Nicholas went along because he has his first appointment this summer. Katie Grace and I did some main lesson stuff. After snack, we did some cleaning together. We have a good deal of brass in our living room--I know, how Brady Bunch!--and did some good large-muscle polishing.
We read a picture book about Martin Luther King, Jr, although I left out the part where he was assassinated. We focused on being peacemakers today.
After lunch, I told them the story of The Boy Who Went to the North Wind. Nicholas in particular found it very amusing. Tomorrow we're going to make a story sack to help tell it. We also did some fingerplays.
Then we made paper snowflakes from kite paper. This was a huge hit. Even Michael, jaded big guy that he is, joined in. Nicholas made some pretty neat snowflakes as well. We hung them in the window where they would catch the light, and from the chandelier with string.
Katie read to me a little, then I read to her from Little House in the Big Woods. After a quiet time and snack, we made homemade butter to go with our biscuits at dinner time. It's very easy--just pour some heavy cream in a heavy glass jar and add a few marbles. Shake, shake, shake til you have butter. We chanted
Come, butter, come!
Come, butter, come!
Little Peter's at the gate
With his little butter plate.
Come, butter, come!
All in all, a good day!
We've moved... come and join us!
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment