Thursday, February 8, 2007

B b

8:15 Roll out of bed, get dressed. Dress Nicholas. Say goodbye to Daddy and Michael. Finish breakfast and tidy kitchen and playroom. Switch the laundry.

9:00 Set Katie Grace up with handwriting. Vacuum with Nicholas's "help". Write first draft of a thank-you note to Grandma. Play a domino/subtraction math game. Learn the "sweet treat" rule (basically, "when two vowels go walking, the first one does the talking".) Tell the story of The Three Bears and draw a letter B picture.

10:00 Make blueberry quick bread from a mix, because I'm really, really tired today. I'm not sleeping well lately. :( The kids don't care, though, and help mix it up.

10:15 Continue with my clothes-sorting quest by bringing more boxes down from the attic. Decide I'm too pregnant to bring boxes from the attic after today and make a note to ask DH to do it. Sort clothes while bread bakes and kids play hide-and-seek upstairs.

11:00 After eating some bread--yummy!--fold laundry while playing Mother, May I? with Nicholas and Katie Grace. This was the part where I was supposed to change the sheets, but I decided to call DH and whine about how miserable I was feeling instead.

Noon I was really struggling and didn't feel like making lunch. My nausea has come back. :( So I set out bread and cheese and organic lunch meat and some other odds and ends and just let the kids make their own sandwiches. While they ate lunch, I made some pink playdough.

12:30 Set the kids up with playdough while I sat on my butt and read Body and Soul and New Beginnings. This was not part of the plan or routine, but I just really felt like my body was telling me to rest, so I decided to listen for a change. Dozed off and on as they played, turned the TV on at 2:30 for Bob the Builder, turned it off at 3:30 after Zoom when Michael came home.

3:30 Woke up crabby and hungry, LOL! Went upstairs and Katie Grace and Nicholas helped me change the sheets. Pretty much pooped away the rest of the day, but at least was able to end it somewhat sane and without screaming and yelling.

Being pregnant with three kids is tough some days.

0 comments: