I love to use my bread machine to make dough. It does all the work, and then all I have to do is punch it down, take it out, let it rise, and bake it.
Anyway, I found this recipe from the aptly-named "Bread Machines for Dummies". I'll put the measurements for a 1 1/2 pound loaf first, and follow it up in parenthesis with the measurements for the 2 pound loaf.
2/3 cup (3/4 cup) milk
1/2 cup (1/2 cup) water
2 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) vegetable oil or butter
1 1/2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) salt
2 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) sugar
2 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) oatmeal
3 cups (4 cup) bread flower-- I used whole wheat
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) yeast
Just put it in according to your bread machine's specifications, run through the dough cycle, take out, let rise, and bake at 350 for 1/2 hour. It's really yummy sandwich bread!
We've moved... come and join us!
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment