Thursday, November 19, 2009

Workbox Wednesday: Nicholas

Once again, it's Workbox Wednesday, and we're back to Nicholas!

Because Nicholas is my first one-on-one "date" I've the school day, I've been experimenting with making his first 4 boxes things he needs a little supervision with. We started out with a large map of a Pilgrim village from Let's Find Out. Nicholas enjoyed tracing a path from one spot to another. He even insisted we hang the map up so he could look at it again later!

Next was Speechersize. I had tried making this an independent activity, but he's been struggling with it lately, so today we did it together. Here is Nicholas, making "Silly Faces".

We worked some more on our Harvest Counting Book.


Next we made some autumn spice dough from the Autumn Seasons of Joy. It smelled so yummy, and everyone enjoyed it. Even Big Sister joined in!


Next, Nicholas took a ten minute break. I'm not exactly sure what he thinks he needs a break from, but he has decided that every four boxes, he needs a ten minute break.

The next box had this little tape-and-color kit that I picked up at the Dollar Tree. Nicholas had fun, and it was a good small motor skill activity.

And then he moved on to a cut and paste activity.


Next was a box with seashells.

After listening for the ocean, he sorted them into large and small.

By now it was snack time. Nick followed me into the kitchen and made a little walnut shell turtle.


Which later found its way to the top of the gnome cave on the nature table.

We were going to have the rest of the crown cake for snack, but Daniel got to it while we were working on boxes 5 through 7. Le sigh.
I suppose I should be happy he didn't get to the knife.

After snack, bristle blocks!

I had these little linky-doos I picked up at a yard sale. I believe they're meant to be a math manipulative. I put them in a workbox mostly to see what he would do with them. He used them to stage an over-the-sofa escape.


And then he helped his brother over the wall.

Another yard sale find, wipe off "finish the picture" boards.

And a repeat of "Clip the Feathers on the Turkey".

And that was Nick's morning!

0 comments: