Monday, June 23, 2008

Treasure Hunting!

Today Nicholas, Daniel, and I were supposed to do the marketing, but decided to go "Treasure Hunting" instead. That's Mama-speak for hitting the thrift stores.

We scooped some awesome deals.

Photobucket

Map of US: 5 cents
Books: 5 at 5 cents each
Emergency Candles: 3 at 50 cents each
Waffle Maker (we've outgrown using justone): $1
Skip Bo Game: 50 cents
Little basket strainer for the rice table: 25 cents
Egg Beater: 50 cents
Baby toy to keep him quiet in the car: 25 cents
Desk everything is sitting on: $1

So, this picture was $6.55

Photobucket
Juicer: $2
Black portfolio: 5 cents
NIP Crochet kit: 10 cents
Lunastix: 25 cents
Playskills kit: 10 cents
Math cards: 25 cents
Size and Shape Game: 25 cents

TOTAL: $3

Photobucket
Geosafari with $99 price tag still attached: $3
(This also included 8 sets of cards that have 14.95 pricetags still attached. Not Waldorf, I know, but it keeps them busy while I'm working with another kid)

Photobucket
I found this World Book Electronic Game with a bajillion cards before I found the Geosafari. It was a buck.

The little butterfly was a quarter. I thought it was a finger puppet, but isn't.

And the puzzle was 50 cents.

TOTAL:
$1.75

Not bad for $14.30!

And a cute baby, for free!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowza! I can never find such rockin deals at my thrift stores! Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Or maybe I'm just an amature and need you to take me under you wing!