Thursday, October 2, 2008

Peace

I am sitting here drinking a fresh brewed iced tea (vanilla rooibos, from the MDC tea swap) and a candle is burning. I just ate 3 Starbucks TAZO tea and chocolate tasting squares and am listening to Jennifer Knapp.

The house is mostly picked up (I do have four children after all, and none of them have Fisher Price stamped on their tushies). A lamb stew is simmering in the crock pot, two made-from-scratch birthday cakes are cooling on the counter, and the bread dough is rising. Even the dishes are washed!

The baby is asleep and the older three are outside playing--without arguing!--football.

And I'm just enjoying the peace. I'm not sure why I've been blessed with such a beautiful day. It certainly wasn't because of anything I've done. But right now I'm feeling so much grace and peace that I'm not going to do another thing--not the laundry that needs folded or the bathroom that needs cleaned or the floors that need washed or the history experiment that needs done or the Latin that needs taught--nothing, until I enjoy a few more moments of this beautiful quiet.

2 comments:

bethany said...

Sounds glorious. I love those moments.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to have those peaceful moments:)
I get them every once in a while and try to enjoy every bit of it:)