Sunday, October 26, 2008

This week's feasts and festivals, plans and projects

Monday, October 27
Holy Hannah, how did we get to the end of October already?!?!?!
Today we have our homeschool book club. We're discussing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Michael also has orchestra all week, and a soccer game tonight. I think it's the final soccer game. Hooray! We made it through another season!

Tuesday, October 28
Saints Simon and Jude.
Just ballet for the girl-child today.

Wednesday, October 29
Soccer for the middle two, and that's it.

Thursday, October 30
The Brownies have their Halloween party. Poor Michael just has chime choir.

Friday, October 31
Happy Halloween!
Trick or treating, obviously. At least I think it's trick or treating. Note to self: Find out when trick or treat night is. Also fix porch lights.
It's also Founders' Day for the Girl Scouts.

Saturday, November 1
All Saints' Day!
Also Habitat for Humanity work day for the youth. I think we'll bake some cookies and take them over for the workers.
It's WVIA Day at the Lackawanna Coal Mine, but I'm only going if I can take a helper. I think it would really fit in well with our Pennsylvania History lesson block.
Of course, that all depends on soccer being finished. I really, really hope soccer is finished.

Sunday, November 2
All Souls' Day
Also, the end of Daylight Savings Time. I love getting an extra hour of sleep. It's also amusing to see how many people are late to church.

School Plans
Michael: Continue with his Pennsylvania Main Lesson Block. He's going to paint his salt dough map of PA and do copywork from William Penn's The Fruits of Solitude. We're going to talk a bit about PA's waterways. Also review basic multiplication and division facts.

Katie Grace: Continue with a main lesson block on Celtic Saints. I think we're going to cover St. Brigit and St. Brendan this week. Also review addition and subtraction facts.

Nicholas: We really enjoyed Miss Muffet last week, so in the spirit of Halloween, I think we'll carry on with The Itsy Bitsy Spider.

Science: Still working on tree identification and seasonal changes.

Social Studies:We're up to Chapter 10, "The Bottom of the World" (Australia and New Zealand) in Story of the World. We'll be having our Japanese meal Monday night though, since we missed it this weekend.

I hope you all have a lovely week!

1 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, your Japanese meal sounds fun. Let us know how it goes and what's on the menu, ok?