Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyber Monday Special!


For one day only, you can get both Advent: Lighting the Path to Christmas and Winter Seasons of Joy for only $20! Just visit the Seasons of Joy store here.

Also, it's not too late to enter the giveaway. I'll close the post down to comments and draw a name tomorrow afternoon when we're finished with school.

We had a lovely first Sunday of Advent. Church was beautiful. I love singing the Advent hymns while the acolyte lights the first candle. The angel tree was up in the lobby so we could choose an angel and help a child have a Christmas. In the afternoon, I dropped the three oldest children off at church to rehearse the Christmas pageant and I ran to A C Moore for some craft stuff we'll need this week. Then it was back to church for choir rehearsals. My little cherubs sound so sweet singing "Walk Softly, Walk Gently" and "The Camel Song". Our Chapel Choir was excellent. They learned the song they'll be singing with the grown-up choir in a clock tick, and their own song, Advent Celebration, is wonderful. Finally, I met with my teen choir. We spend as much time laughing as we do rehearsing, but it's worth it.

Back at home, we had dinner and lit the Advent wreath and said evening prayer. We also read a short devotional about Dorothy Day, one of my favorite saints. The Advent calendar door was opened, and little stones and gems dot the road upon which Mary and Joseph are beginning their journey. And tomorrow is another day, ready to be filled with adventures and love and Advent joy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am interested in this offer, however would kind of like to wait and see if I, by lucky chance, win the giveaway . . .