Saturday, February 2, 2008

Candlemas, but not candle-less

Our Brigid's Bread was yummy! And yes, all the best bakers wear tutus.
Photobucket

We didn't get to read Brigid's Cloak until today--the roads were a sheet of ice and I couldn't get to the library to pick up my holds--but we read it tonight, and it was beautiful. I definitely need to score my own copy.

Tonight was our Candlemas-Africa feast. We learned about Ancient Africa in Story of the World, and for dinner we had chicken with figs, rice (it was going to be papaya rice, but the papaya went over and I didn't know in time to get a new one), peas, and fried plantains.
Photobucket

After dinner, we talked about the Presentation and had some snow-white meringues for desert. They were definitely a hit!

We ended our day with a lovely story and prayer time.
Photobucket

Good night, and have a blessed Sunday!

0 comments: