As I feared... erm, expected... going to see The Lion King brought a resurgence of Lion King play at out house. Here are my little thespians' rendition of the final chorus of "The Circle of Life"
bear = lion cub
I am having furniture issues. I get that children, and particularly boys, need to climb, but our furniture is falling apart. I have declared a temporary moratorium on standing on the furniture until I think this through. Generally, I try to put people before things. But we need furniture and we can't just replace things that are broken carelessly.
Speaking of physical boys...
And big boys who are outgrowing their swing...
It's just as well. We don't use the swing a lot anymore, but Michael was practicing cello upstairs when the baby fell asleep.
And Frugal Friday!!
Katie Grace and I went thrift-storing and I found some great deals.
There was a wooden perpetual calendar with the verse "Choose this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"-- $2
A beautiful like-new Hanna Anderson corduroy dress. It was $5 and won't fit Katie Grace for a few years, but it was too beautiful to pass up.
A chemistry molecule model kit to tuck away for a few years- $2
Some great books, including Bread, Bread, Bread and a math workbook that's unused. Also, The Keystone Alphabet, which will come in handy for fourth grade's state study.
And see that box? Well, I was inspired by this post over at LaPaz Home Learning. Chip told me how much Michael loved the rice table at the children's museum, and I was intrigued by the lentil tray. One of the thrift store had this box storing lots of little bits and pieces that were for sale. I've seen it a billion times, but when I saw it Friday, I knew it would be perfect. I asked if they would sell it to me, and they would, for $5. I filled it with rice and voila--
I think lentils might be easier to clean up though.
It was the last week of basketball.
Michael had his birthday dinner and cake on Saturday.
And today was his birthday. My baby is nine!
He loved his Eagles hoodie from Mimi and PeePaw.
The desire of his heart was an "electronic organizer." He's obviously inherited my OCD tendencies. And Grandma and Grandpa enabled him.
Grandma and Grandpa are moving into a condo and have been cleaning out their house. They brought most of Daddy's childhood home today. A lot of it was paper, and Daniel was in heaven.
2 comments:
Love your thrift store finds!The tray looks really great!
I usually rotate between lentils, rice, mixed beans (15 bean soup mix),bird seed, and black beans about once a week, and switch utensils (spoon, scoop, cup, pitcher, bowl, etc) about every other day. This keeps the interest up as there is always something new in there.
Have fun!
Happy Birthday Michael!!
Post a Comment