We have about four inches of snow outside! I'm glad I got to the store yesterday.
I am totally off my groove. When I am done with this post, the plan is to get some organizing done. The plan was to take today off and get some organizing done, but I didn't get any done. And we ended up "doing school" more than I thought we would!
As I knew it would, The Lion King brought a resurgence of creative play. I put out the shadow puppet kit and the wooden animals to see what would happen. They started their day upstairs practicing for a scene from The Lion King (I told them I would video tape it if they practiced, so that was music. Then they came downstairs and made some shadow puppets-- art.
They started playing basketball downstairs (phys ed!). I bought some pop up laundry baskets that hang on the door, and so we were using one for a basket. I ended up cutting the bottom out of one, and voila--instant basket!
Next we did devotions (Christian Ed). We're talking this week about how God not only wants us to love Him and do good things, but also to think good thoughts. Our verse this week is Phillipians 4:8:
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
The baby needed to nurse and nap, so we read two chapters of The Phantom Tollbooth--language arts.
Michael wanted to burn a CD of his favorite songs, so we worked out a play list. Then while it burned, he and I did some long division (math), including a fun tic-tac-toe-ish game.
While he listened to his CD and did some problems, Katie Grace and I did reading.
By now it was lunchtime. After lunch, we read Story of the World--history--which was followed up by some map work--geography. Katie Grace did some coloring, Nicholas made a plague picture, and Michael started his Red Sea diorama.
At this point, we cleaned up and called it a day. And, for a day that was supposed to be pretty easy, it was quite packed!
Yesterday at the grocery store, a clerk asked Katie Grace why she wasn't in school. This was odd because it was 3:30. But odder still was Katie Grace's answer. She looked at the lady and said in a deadpan voice...
"I ate my teacher."
She has an odd sense of humor. She must take after her Daddy.
One last thing--Daniel learned something new today too!
AUGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
We've moved... come and join us!
14 years ago
1 comments:
This sounds like how schooling SHOULD be.....learning while having fun!
Post a Comment