Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hunkering down for a storm

Today was a bit of a bust. I host La Leche League meetings in my home and, for the first time in months, no one came. I was actually OK with this. The children, who were anticipating a morning off, were not. So I let them watch Felicity: An American Girl. It counts as school. It's history. Right?

For lunch we had church lady macaroni and cheese. Chip had two funerals this week. The church ladies are very sweet about sending extra food along home with him, and they make a mean mac and cheese.

We're almost finished with The Phantom Tollbooth. They have been drawing some great pictures and we made a dodechahedron the other day.

After we read, we had an early quiet time. Everyone was sleepy from the eclipse last night. The little ones tried to stay up to see it, and the clouds just wouldn't move. Finally around ten (after they had gone to bed!) DH and I were able to get a glimpse.

Dh came home a little early today and we made a mad dash to the grocery store. We're supposed to be getting 3-5 inches of snow (at least that's what the prediction was this morning) and this weekend is the 30-Hour Famine at church, so I'm not going to be getting much help. Pray for me! It's been a while since I have had any sort of a break.

Tomorrow it's school as usual, even though we generally try to keep our Fridays clear. But we have to pay the piper for taking today off.

FORGOT TO SAY! If you're on MDC and you homeschool, be sure to vote in my denim jumper poll.

2 comments:

Em said...

You know, I totally didn't realize it was the third Thursday. Actually I only realized it was THURSDAY at about 2... both lapses could be explained by the fact that we are way sick over here, and have been for the last 3 weeks. I think we have caught every bug that is floating around the hospital. Ugh. So even if I knew it was Thursday and the third at that.... even then we couldn't have gone. Think of all the toys you didn't have to pick up!!!!!!!:)
Oh, and good for you for hitting the grocery store. I went and got milk yesterday... but chickened out on bringing 4 sick kids into the grocery store. Since we are pretty much completely out of food over here I guess we are going today, in the middle of the snowstorm. Fun!!!

Penelope said...

(((Annette)))