Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Will Sing of Your Love Forever

It's recital day!

Today Katie Grace dances in her third recital with St. John's School of the Arts. If I haven't mentioned it before, I love this place. Seriously, love it. Her teacher is so gentle and loving. They dance to kids' songs, classical music, or Christian tunes. Their costumes are modest and sweet--Ms. Teresa, their teacher, even will often add an extra little bit of fabric to the bodice so they're well covered. You can just tell from the pictures how much they love their teacher!



Last year the little ones danced to these words:

God, You are so big
And even though I'm small
I know You're love for me
Is deep and wide and tall.
You hold me in the palm of Your hand
And still You make me part of Your plan.
God, You're big but now I see
You're not too big for me.

It was a tear jerker, every time.

This year, they're dancing to "I Can Sing of Your Love Forever".




Here is a video from the rehearsal. I am neither yelling at kids, nor are those my kids yelling. The only child I had was Katie Grace, and she's dancing. She's the littlest one on the end and in the back left. What she lacks in skill, she makes up for in joy and enthusiasm.

0 comments: