Saturday, April 26, 2008

While the big kids had their final dress rehearsal, we decided to dump the formal lessons and take our mini-homeschoolers to the park.




The girls were swinging and singing a song that went like this:

I'm higher than a butterfly.
I'm higher than the sky.
I'm higher than a kite.
I'm soooooo hiiiiiiiigh!!!!!

Thank goodness the DARE cops weren't around.

And Daniel, God bless him, had ample chance to practice pretty much the only word he says with any consistency.


BALL!!!

BALL! BALL! BALL!

We finally got to play Dragon Tag! I invented this game (she says smugly). Basically, you stick a dragon "tail" (green play silk) in your tush and run like crazy. The climbing dome was the dragon's cave--base--for the weary.

Daddy got to come along! We're not going to be able to do co-op next year if it's still on a Friday. Part of my "organization crisis" from a few days ago was from realizing I never, ever get a break. Teaching or even just attending co-op on hubby's only day off just isn't working for us. Chip and Daniel went for a long, long walk that ended with them napping under a tree. Tres cute.




The highlight (not) of Park Day: The Tetanus Wagon. Seriously, count 'em: one, two, three, four, five exposed rusty screws sticking up through the play equipment. You may not be able to see the fifth. It's cleverly hidden, the better to pierce little feet.Mrs. Hillman tried in vain to cover it with some spare wood we found.
I flagged down a parks truck (and let me tell you, they looked a little panicked), and this was there solution. Caution tape. 'Cause we all know how well children can read, and bright yellow streamers aren't attractive to them at all.
They did eventually come back and fix it. Actually, this involved several truck trips with long intervals in between. With gas at $3.65 a gallon, one has to wonder if maybe the parks people need to plan their projects a little better. Daniel liked watching, though.

0 comments: