Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Slaying the Dragon


Happy St. George Day! After telling the story, we had to set up our own scene. Nicholas particularly enjoyed acting it out.
We were going to go outside and play dragon tag (silk in the waistband for the dragon's "tail" and everyone has to try to catch it) but we were surprised by the first thunderstorm of the spring.

We did manage to make Cheese and Chive Scones to go along with our not-so-British baked spaghetti. We were going to have some plum pudding and hard sauce I found at the Surplus Grocery Outlet, but I couldn't find it. Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

I found some other great St. George ideas I'm going to tuck away for next year:
Recipes from Catholic Cuisine (and how did I not know this blog existed? It's awesome!)
Some Teaching Tips from Britain on St. George's Day
A pattern for a dragon hoodie that once again leaves me wishing I could knit something more than dishcloths.
A ferocious crocheted dragon
And Norbetta from Knitty


And finally, a really cute baby playing dress-up. I should have added this to my list of things that made me smile today!

0 comments: