Wednesday, January 30, 2008

About a half-hour into the school day, this was the scene:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Katie Grace was working on a math assessment, Michael was working out some multiplication with regrouping, Nicholas was working out a puzzle, and Daniel was working on some cheerios.

There was a lot of creativity floating around the house today. Michael wrote a great paragraph from the point of view of a brand new puppy describing his first day earthside:

Where am I? I looked around. I didn't know where I was. I looked around for more clues. I was in a dark room. There was a fire blazing in the grate. I started to relax. Wherever I was I seemed to be welcome. I heard voices. "Let's name him Shotdose. Shatzy Two." Who are these people? I was scared. I started to whimper. "It's okay Shotdose, Mother's got you." My mother had come. "Mother who are those people?" I asked. Those are Mr. and Mrs. Parfeisa. They are our guardians. They're nice people. You must not be afraid of them.

Tomorrow we'll do some editing. I'll also try to get him to add some more "5 senses" descriptive detail, since that was actually the point of the exercise.

We also made pictograms to go along with our Ancient China chapter in Story of the World.
Photobucket

Katie Grace and Nicholas got in some good play. They're such great buddies. Sometimes I think Michael is a little jealous of their relationship.

And then there was Daniel!
Photobucket Photobucket

The video is dark, and I'm absolutely disgusting gushing over Daniel, but he's just so sweet! I never in a million years knew I would fall this in love with a fourth baby. I knew that sounds silly, but I just figured I'd be pretty prosaic about the whole thing by now. But nope, I'm a big dope!

0 comments: