The sign
and the naked people who greeted us.
Naked statues and eight-year-old boys are always good value.
The rally-ers on the steps
Michael, looking like he wants to be anywhere but here
Darker pictures
Sweetest little nursling in PA
The rotunda (hint--when you bring an eight-year-old boy to a homebirth rally and there are no more naked statues to snicker at and he keeps threatening to run away, give him your camera. He might take some lovely pictures!)
Daniel and "my" midwife. I couldn't get them both to look at the camera at the same time.
Leaving Harrisburg and looking out over the mighty Susquehanna:
It was fun. And interesting. We got there late because I have no sense of direction and then couldn't figure out parking. But it was nice to see some familiar faces. Our representative wasn't in the capitol, but we got to see his office anyway and take home some literature.
But I do agree with Emily. Would it be so hard to schedule one of these things when it's warmer?!?!
3 comments:
Okay, I'm an idiot. I thought, based on the pictures on the website (I think pasafebirth)... I thought the rally was outside the rotunda. I would have gone if I knew it was inside!!! I would have moved those carseats over and gone! Instead, I found myself snickering over here about how cold you all would be and how glad I was to be nice and warm and inside. My bad. I'm kicking myself!
I was worried that it would be cold getting from the parking garage to the capitol, but it really wasn't too bad. Nothing like today! I'm sorry I didn't call you and let you know what was going on. It was very last minute on our part.
thank you for sharing these pictures. i linked to your blog in my post today about the big push. :)
Post a Comment