Another blustery day yesterday! No public school, so no orchestra. Michael was upset we couldn't have the day off. To be honest, we've been slacking off all week because I'm trying to get my bearings back, so I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy.
Daniel loves to crawl into the kitchen. I don't get the appeal, unless it's the all-you-can-eat baby buffet that inevitably ends up on the floor. And it has to be cold, especially since I often forget to put his pants on after a change. I think it's a subconscious plot so I can kiss and squeeze those fat little baby things, LOL! He actually cries if we close the door from the living room to the kitchen. Yesterday, he found a box of SIGG lids, straps, and other sundry cup paraphernalia.
That's one happy baby!
I took this photo last night when I was feeling confident in my caramel-making prowess.
Note the awesome vintage candy thermometer I scored at Goodwill for a buck!
But today, I must confess that my caramels didn't set. The butter all rose to the top like a crust, and underneath was a grainy, soupy mess. So for snack, we had apple slices dipped in caramels.
Happy Valentine's Day!
We've moved... come and join us!
14 years ago
2 comments:
next time don't use a wooden spoon - I remember attempting to make some sort of candy & it was a flop - My MIL told me it was because I used a wooden spoon to stir with........... Worth a shot - it sounds yummY!
Apples dipped in caramel sounds just as yummy, though. :)
Post a Comment