Wednesday, August 13, 2008

East, West, Home's Best!

Oh my goodness, it is sooooooo glad to be home!

We started out on July 27. Every year we get together with a group of college friends for the weekend. They started out as five guys singing together, and grew into a group of 24 with wives and babies and children! We had a wonderful weekend (mostly-- details forthcoming about how a weekend of barbershop and gospel led to a new car.)

From there, we went on vacation. We stayed with Chip's parents and went on a series of day trips. We visited a working Amish farm, the historic sites in Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Zoo, and more.
We were home for less than 48 hours when Daniel and I hopped on a plane to Santa Fe to spend a week with Peggy O' Mara and the Mothering moderation team. It was absolutely awesome!

But now I'm home, reading posts and catching up on laundry. And I definitely keep catching myself singing in my heart "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!"

0 comments: