Saturday, August 23, 2008

Weekend Round-Up!


Weekend Round-Up!



Here are my top ten favorite links from the Blogosphere this week, posted in no particular order.

1. This was actually from last week, but I can't wait to try Baked Potato Soup from Carrie's Cooking.

2. Check out this sweet little baby-face portrait from Lucykate Crafts. I may have to make a series of these to go with our nursery rhyme theme this year!

3. Simply Thrifty gives hints and tips for Don't-Waste-It Smoothies. My kids love smoothies, and I'm always looking for ideas for using up the odds and ends.

4. Once again Bohemian Revolution has tons of ideas I want to try. Homemade printed curtains would be great in the kids' rooms. Here are directions for making your own worm bin. And beer-battered fish and chips-- yum!

5. Homemade shampoo recipes from Passionate Homemaking are another thing I've been wanting to try.

6. We're back to school, and Little Blue School's election unit studies have caught my eye. Michael is very interested in this presidential election, and I'd like to follow that interest.

7. Just for fun, Cake Wrecks has some hilariously scary new cakes this week.

8. Jennifer over at Tree Hugging Family linked to a great eco education resource, Kids for Saving the Earth.

9. If you're tired of reading the same book to your little ones for the billionth time, check out this quote about read-alouds over at Stretch Mark Mama.

10. And, last but not least, The Rowdy Pea has art, music, science, and fun all mixed together in one with Rainbow Jars. It's magical!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link love!