First Stop: The Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
I love St. Francis. He was such a cool and crazy saint. Sister Mary Martha had a great blog entry about St. Francis a while ago. But I digress.
The Basilica was beautiful. It's undergoing renovations right now. It actually reminded me a bit of St. Mary's, my home church in Lancaster.
Cool statue of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha.
Nest stop, the Palace of the Governors, the oldest continually used building in the United States.
And the Native American vendors program.
One thing that really impressed me about Santa Fe was the amount of public art.
I really wanted to go see the Loretto Chapel. I remember seeing a movie of the week about it years and years ago. Here's the outside, and a statue to honor the mysterious carpenter who built the staircase.
The sign cracked me up. Notice the "TM" after "Miraculous Staircase". And "As seen on Unsolved Mysteries"! Oh my goodness...
My last Santa Fe picture before the camera died-- the mysterious staircase at the Loretto Chapel.
0 comments:
Post a Comment