Monday, January 11, 2010

Thoughts on Joy


Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. ~Blessed Mother Teresa

Joy increases as you give it, and diminishes as you try to keep it for yourself. ~Norman Vincent Peale

"Joy delights in joy." ~William Shakespeare

"One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others." ~Robert Heinlein

"I do not teach children. I give them joy." ~Isadora Duncan

"Joy is the echo of God's life in us." ~Abbott Coumba Marmion

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." ~Psalm 30:5

2 comments:

bethany said...

Thanks for this! I am studying bliss. ;) I love this one: "Bliss is happiness uncaused - it is simply the happiness that comes when you feel good with existence, when you accept" -Osho

Annette said...

Ooh, I like that! :D