Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday is the day for confessions, right?

Actually, I didn't make it to Confession today. But I do have one to make here.

I love everything I've read about Charlotte Mason. But every time I try to read something Charlotte Mason herself has written, I find myself drifting off into a glassy-eyed stupor. Am I reading the wrong things? Right now I'm trying to read her Home Education: Training and Educating Children Under Nine. And it's really, really not moving me. It's a lot about the evilness of nurses and pudding and stuffy rooms. It gets better, right? Should I skip ahead to a certain chapter? Look around for another edition? I'm wanting to love this, but so far I'm not feeling it.

1 comments:

Willa said...

The physical hygiene details don't exactly inspire me, either. Some of them seem a bit outdated, anyway. I like Home Education, but I usually browse about in it picking out the subject I am interested in at the time (character one time, nature study another). Best wishes for your reading!