Saturday, July 19, 2008

Music Camp!

Ah, the joys of music camp! Every morning this week, the older three went to music camp where they sang, played rhythm instruments, learned the recorder, played chimes, made crafts, studied Bible stories, and learned to play Boomwhackers.

On Thursday, they had a picnic lunch and a concert at a local nursing home, and Friday night was the concert for friends and families.

Here's Katie Grace's group playing Boomwhackers


and singing.

I had a picture of playing chimes, but you couldn't really see her above the table.

I didn't get a picture of Michael playing chimes either, but he really did a great job! Here's Michael's class singing "Swim Faster Jonah".


Then there was the recorder. When I was student teaching, I had to teach recorder to fourth and fifth graders. I hated it, and last night reminded me why.


The worst part? They sent the recorders home with them! They're here. In my house. In all their loud shrillness. *shudders*

Then there was Nicholas. He looks like a little singing angel, right?

Wrong.

And whoever gave that boy a Boomwhacker was either nuts or extremely optimistic. It wasn't just an instrument. It was also a telescope, an ear trumpet, a sword, a microphone, and heaven knows what else.




The whole group

singing the camp song (Daddy taped this one)


Seriously? They did a great job. I can't believe everything my little ones learned in just one week, and they had a great time

0 comments: