all ideas from Seasons of Joy Winter
We had so much fun with the last giveaway, we decided to do it again!
Winter Seasons of Joy is a Waldorf-inspired activity guide featuring ten weeks of circle times, fairy tales and story extensions, handwork projects, nature tables, watercolor stories, coloring and modeling activities, playtime ideas, outings and group activities, ideas for you and your baby, and much more. Aimed at families in the early childhood years, I can honestly say that my older children still enjoy many of the activities.
Winter Seasons of Joy features color nature table pictures, many original songs, stories, verses, and fingerplays, as well as some old favorites, music and stories written out for ease of use, and many patterns and drawings to assist you.
It is my heartfelt desire that using these books will help you put into place rhythms and routines to carry you through your day and create many joyful memories with your family. That is why I have priced all my seasonal ebooks at the reasonable price of $15 each. You can also by all 4 books for only $50.
Or, of course, you can enter to win one here! Simply leave a comment sharing a favorite wintertime activity. Want extra chances to win? Do any or all of the following and leave an extra comment for each one: become a follower of my blog; become a Facebook fan; Tweet, blog, or Facebook about the giveaway. That's five extra chances to be entered!
The winner will be chosen randomly Friday afternoon (1/8/09). Just a reminder-- if there isn't a way to contact you through your profile, you'll need to leave an email address where you can be reached.
Wishing you a peaceful winter...
Winter Seasons of Joy is a Waldorf-inspired activity guide featuring ten weeks of circle times, fairy tales and story extensions, handwork projects, nature tables, watercolor stories, coloring and modeling activities, playtime ideas, outings and group activities, ideas for you and your baby, and much more. Aimed at families in the early childhood years, I can honestly say that my older children still enjoy many of the activities.
Winter Seasons of Joy features color nature table pictures, many original songs, stories, verses, and fingerplays, as well as some old favorites, music and stories written out for ease of use, and many patterns and drawings to assist you.
It is my heartfelt desire that using these books will help you put into place rhythms and routines to carry you through your day and create many joyful memories with your family. That is why I have priced all my seasonal ebooks at the reasonable price of $15 each. You can also by all 4 books for only $50.
Or, of course, you can enter to win one here! Simply leave a comment sharing a favorite wintertime activity. Want extra chances to win? Do any or all of the following and leave an extra comment for each one: become a follower of my blog; become a Facebook fan; Tweet, blog, or Facebook about the giveaway. That's five extra chances to be entered!
The winner will be chosen randomly Friday afternoon (1/8/09). Just a reminder-- if there isn't a way to contact you through your profile, you'll need to leave an email address where you can be reached.
Wishing you a peaceful winter...
64 comments:
A new favorite winter activity here- climbing snow mountains with Thomas!
Wonderful blog! Fantastic give-away! I will tweet about it in a few minutes. :)
Just discovered your blog, love it! MAny winter activities: inside: paper snowflakes, rolling candles, sitting in front of the fireplace and roasting chestnuts and knitting.
Our favorite winter activity is being outside regardless of the weather, watching the animals and plants and the creek.
I just found your blog! $15 is a great price for seasonal guides! One of our favorite Winter time activities is building with ice blocks. Simply wait until freezing temperatures arrive & then put various containers of water outside. You can add bits of evergreen, seashells, or anything that would look pretty suspended in ice. When everything freezes, use your ice pieces to build a palace for King Winter!
What an absolutely wonderful giveaway!!! Thank you for the opportunity to win :D
Such an amazingly generous giveaway. I would say that our favorite winter activity is sledding. We are so lucky to be in New England and we have a great sledding hill in our neighborhood. After our cheeks are all rosy and our hands are a wee bit too cold, we come in to warm up with some hot chocolate and curl up with some great books and watch the birds at the feeders. Oh, you asked for just one activity, didn't you.
our favorite winter activities? hot drinks and lots of knitting, for sure. thanks for the giveaway chance. (I'm going to put beeswax icicles on a "bear cave" for our new nature table tomorrow!) best, Nancy in NC, nancywalters44@hotmail.com
just became a fan on facebook, too! --Nancy in NC, nancywalters44@hotmail.com
We like to hang out the popcorn we strung for our Christmas tree. Just hang it on any tree or bush outside for all the birds.
We like to go to the beach. It's cold here (wasn't so much when we lived in California), but it's so beautiful this time of year. It's even better if we can get out to the Coast (we live on the Puget Sound) and catch a good storm.
My favorite winter activity is staying inside and knitting or reading... and if we had a fireplace, it would be doing those activities in front of it (hope to have one someday...)
Dear Annette,
I would love to win this.
One of our favourite winter activities is to read a book out loud together in front of the fire with pillow and snugglies while drinking hot chocolate. I also like to create crafts if I happen not to be the reader at the time.
Thanks for this great opportunity
Blessings
Love all the warmth and yumminess in the kitchen during the winter months. Nothing like fresh baked breads and soups to nourish us through the cold.
Really enjoyed the Advent guide and looking forward to the others!
Cuddling a reading books in bed, also walks. If we get snow, which is rare in central Alabama, we play as long as we can in the snow.
gmstabosz (at) hotmail (dot) com
Our favorite winter activity is baking cookies closely tied with playing in the snow. We never feel closer as a family as when we're all playing together.
rutherford (dot) crystal (at) gmail (dot) com
Our favorite winter activity is cuddling up and having read a louds. I always love to read the Little House series during the winter.
Please enter me into your give away. I actually purchased the winter seasons of joy last winter, but lost the mother board on my computer before I printed any of it out!
Blessings,
Tammy
I became a FB fan!
My favorite winter activity is having fires. I love everything about them, the smell, the warmth, the coals, gathering wood... all of it.
We don't get much snow where we live, so we have great snowball fights using our imagination and wadded up playsilks. They look so beautiful as they unfold while in flight to their target.
I am a new 'fan' on facebook. Waht a wonderful site. I love all the craft ideas and well, just every little thing! Happiest of New Years and keep it coming. ♥
~Sue
Our favorite winter projects are making window stars, popcorn and cranberry garlands and building snow forts!
Going to visit the snow-covered Japanese Garden at the Chicago Botanic Garden is a new favorite winter activity since we moved here.
Happy New Year!
Lisa
iacoflia@yahoo.com
I like dog sledding with my Alaskan Malamutes.
I don't get to do most of my favorite winter activities since moving to CA due to lack of snow. But since we still get a little chilly in the wintertime, at least I can still curl up by the fire and get all cozy and warm!
We love to keep a fire going in the fireplace.
Hi! I found your blog through 'Waldorf' keyword search. Can't wait to go back through your previous posts ... favorite wintertime activity would be making homemade hot chocolate with my little one after a brisk walk. Thank you for this great giveaway! Blessings, Cee
ceevegnashville [at] gmail [dot] com
Our favorite winter tie activities are baking and knitting...and yardwork in the rain:)
We love all the great winter activites: candle making, baking, playing in the snow (when we can find it!)
we live in california but just got back from az where its snowing. We loved sledding! Around here we love to go to the farm and play in the mounds of mud with rain suits and boots on
Thank you for a wonderful chance to win one of your guides! Our favorite winter activity is sitting around the woodstove reading stories aloud to each other. We are getting a chance to do a lot of that this week with the unusually frigid temps here in Va., Lol!
we like to bake cookies, and tell stories.
Sledding!!
putting old bread out for the birds and watching the dog try and get into it :)
this year's fave is playing outside, then come in to fresh, hot chocolate!
this year's fave is playing outside, then come in to fresh, hot chocolate!
I am your fan now!
i'm a follower!
just shared on FB! (twitter isn't woirking now:( )
We love to fill spray bottles or squeezy bottles with food coloring and paint the snow. And make snow cream.
My favorite winter activities are knitting and ice skating (though i haven't been in years!)
Became a Fan on Facebook!
Posted to my facebook wall!!
And a Blogger follower too!! *whew*
Building snowman and then dancing around them and singing so they come to life!
Wonderful blog very inspiring, it would be great to have access to a excellent resource such as the seasons of joy (col_renee@hotmail.com) We live in Australia so at the moment we are sweltering in 40 degree heat - our favourite activity is taking the dog for a walk along the beach and exploring.
My favorite thing to do in winter is bundle the kids up and play in the snow! My oldest children make ice and snow tunnels and I pull the little ones around in a sled and let them make snow angels. :)
I'm a blog follower!
I tweeted about the giveaway!
http://twitter.com/mommymilkies/status/7482419971
I'm a facebook fan!
I really love your books, Annette. We use Spring and Summer (the only two I have) every year!
Oh wow! I have always wanted to try one of your seasonal guides they look very inspiring! We love to go cross country skiing. It is great exercise and the kids love going through the paths in the woods!
Our favorite wintertime activity is taking walks around the neighborhood, collecting a few fallen pine cones, and then coming home for warm drinks!
Our favorite winter activity is going sledding, followed with cups of hot cocoa and snuggled-down reading time with pillows and blankets.
Our favorite winter activities are baking bread and going on nature walks. We have begun to appreciate the beauty of winter so much more going out every day.
I am following your blog and really enjoying it!
I am also now a fan on facebook. I love all of the ideas you post there!
Here in California it's tough to do traditional winter activities... because winter is a blend of fall and spring at the same time. Today I am sweeping up the leaves from my cherry tree, while whispering to the freesia and daffodils to please slow down and don't bloom yet! Yesterday at preschool I brought my knitting bag and the children were entranced with emptying it and helping we rewind the skeins of yarn into balls. "What's this for?" they asked when they saw my knitting project. "A blanket for a new baby coming down the rainbow bridge, to keep it warm in the cold winter nights." At least they do know cold, as much as it gets here in the mild bay area.
I am a fan on Facebook (Kelly Todd)
I am following your blog :)
I just tweeted about your giveaway (Planetearthb)!!!
I posted about your giveaway on my facebook page!
Our favorite winter activity is playing in the snow outside or bringing the snow inside to play with then snuggling up with some tea or hot choc and telling stories about snow boots. That's the popular story right now, snow boots that change color when you jump in the snow!
Closed to comments. :D
I think I'm too late, but if not one of our favourite things to do is to feed the birds and animals around us from the ducks on the pond to making popcorn chains for the squirrels in our woods. Seed balls and coconuts in the garden for the birds
Post a Comment