Monday, December 14, 2009

Pantry Challenge: Day Five

Ugh. Rough day. Feeling poorly. Brief post.

BREAKFAST: Cereal stockpiled from a big sale along with apples and oranges.

SNACK: Was going to be apples and cheese, but someone ate all the cheese. *is grumpy* So instead we had fruit and crackers.

LUNCH: I was made of fail. I had turkey corn dogs in the freezer, and I used them. Then again, maybe not so much fail, because I bought them for moments like today, when all I really wanted to do was take the kids to Micky D's. As bad as chemical dogs might be, that would have been worse. Besides, some kind church ladies sent home a huge tray of fresh veggies and the kids really chowed down on those. Daniel really likes red pepper. Who'da thunk it?

SNACK: I don't remember. They must have eaten something though, because they didn't come whining for food.

DINNER: Still not feeling great. DH offered to go buy a rotisserie chicken but I was all "NO!!!!! We have to eat something from the pantry!!!!!" So I made a yummy chili and-- in a moment of inspiration-- threw in a bunch of leftover veggies. Peas, corn, some carrots-- not only did they not notice, they told me it was the best chili ever. I served that up with some brown rice and they were happy as clams.

Tomorrow will be better. Hopefully.

2 comments:

mamashawn said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Annette said...

Thanks-- it was nothing some chocolate and a hot water bottle couldn't fix!