Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pantry Challenge: Day Seven

No more pictures for you all, I guess, LOL! For some reason, I never think to take pictures of our food. It's just, you know, food, and since I have to come up with something to eat five times a day, there's barely time to plan and cook it, let alone take a photo.

BREAKFAST: Bacon and eggs and OJ. The bacon was frozen turkey bacon that was part of a BOGO promotions.

MORNING SNACK: Applesauce. Again, part of my "let's pick a whole bunch of fruit and freeze it!" scheme.

LUNCH: Peanut butter and jelly and orange slices.

Then all my plans for healthy eating went to hell in a handbasket when a package from my mother filled with Christmas yummies showed up at the door, including some homemade Moose Munch.

AFTERNOON SNACK: Shockingly enough, even after the Moose Munch, they wanted afternoon snack. I have about 10 Guiltless Gourmet cake mixes that were 3/$1, so everyone got their own little cake. Yummy, and really, the ingredient list isn't bad at all.

DINNER: Chicken drumsticks with a maple syrup/lemon juice glaze. The drumsticks were all natural, antibiotic-free, raised in PA, marked down at Weis. Unfortunately maple syrup is the one thing I can never get cheap, and now I'm out. Must add to the grocery list. We had this with herbed rice and peas, also stockpiled.

0 comments: