As I work my way through my massive to-do list, one of the things I wanted to do was find the verses we'll be using in our daily routines during the next month or so.
Morning Verse
Good morning, dear earth.
Good morning, dear sun.
Good morning, dear rocks,
And the flowers, every one.
Good morning, dear beasts,
And the birds in the trees.
Good morning to you,
And good morning to me.
Good morning, dear frost,
On my window so dear.
Good morning, dear snow-
I’m so glad that you’re here!
Good morning, dear ice,
And dear wind rushing free.
Good morning to you, and good morning to me!
First verse is traditional; second verse is written by me for Seasons of Joy Winter Activity Guide
Mealtime Blessings
Blessings on the food we eat.
Blessings on the friends we meet.
Help us never to forget –
Gentleness, kindness and respect.
Traditional
Lord, bless our meal
and as you satisfy our needs,
make us mindful of the needs of others.
Traditional
Tidying Verse
I'm a tiny little clean up elf,
And I clean and I tidy in spite of myself.
I just can't help it! You can see from my face
When I see something out, I must put it in its place!
Written by Me
A Bedtime Verse
Dream with me,
Dream with me,
Cuddle up asleep.
Bedtime is a magical time--
Dream with me asleep.
Source unknown
A Bedtime Blessing
May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
I found a wonderful video on You Tube that shows more verses and gives you tunes for many of them.
We've moved... come and join us!
14 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment