Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Workbox Wednesday: Nicholas

Here we are again! We woke up to several inches of snow, and so we got off to a sleepy start. Usually we do the top row of boxes together, but today he started off working on his own.

Workbox 1. Evil worksheet!!!!!!!!! (Let's just get that out of the way.)


Workbox 2. Castle
The boys enjoyed this at the kitchen table while I started today's soup for lunch.


Workbox 3. Nick the Builder

It's hard to get a clear picture of this kid because he never. stands. still. But he enjoyed playing with his tool belt and tools!

Workbox 4. St. Nicholas

I think this was, by far, Nicholas's favorite box today. I found a little porcelain figure of St. Nicholas, and Nicholas drew him.

Workbox 5. Teddy Bears

We've been working on lots of "joining stories" which is really rudimentary addition. Today, Nicholas rolled the dice and put the bears in the cave together. Daniel, meanwhile, put the bears on top of the castle.


Workbox 6. Go Fish!

Michael took this picture.

Workbox 7. Fingerknitting

This was Nicholas's very first time fingerknitting. He was so proud, and it's always lovely to have a chance to cuddle with him.

Workbox 8. Cuisinaire Rods

Joining me in the kitchen again, Nicholas first matched the rods on a chart.

And then on his own, he helped them "find their buddies."

Workbox 9. Dinosaur stickers!

I love stickers for helping to strengthen small motor skills. Nicholas loves stickers because they have DINOSAURS!!!!

Workbox 10. Playdough


It was so much fun!

There were two more boxes, but I don't remember what they were and they didn't get photographed.

0 comments: