Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Workbox Wednesday: Katie Grace

It's Miss Katie Face's turn to be featured on Workbox Wednesday!

She started off with a little bit of spelling. We use "My Catholic Speller" from Catholic Heritage Curriculum. I know, I know, the kids are being raised Lutheran-- but we tried A Reason for Spelling last year and all the stories about alcoholic fathers and impending divorce and doom were depressing.


Next, a little wet-felting to make beads. So fun. We have no idea what we're going to do with them though.


Katie Grace has been learning about different types of graph, and what could be a sweeter way to drive the lesson home than M & M graphing?


Next, Katie Grace finished up a little bird ornament she was sewing.


And then, a little reading from The Nutcracker.


Katie Grace's friend who goes to a public school sent her a Flat Stanley, and Katie Grace decided to write about him going to homeschool co-op.


And finally, we bound her Seven Days of Creation watercolor paintings with ribbon.

2 comments:

mamashawn said...

I'm new to the workbox system, and I'm hoping to start using it after the New Year. Your "Workbox Wednesday" posts help me see the system in action and give me ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Annette said...

I'm glad it helps! Sometimes I wonder if putting it out here is useful to anyone, but if nothing else, it forces me to pay attention to what we're doing.