We got off to a sluggish start this morning because two of boys stayed up watching the Eagles game.
Woke up, put the diapers in the wash, tidied the kitchen. Was about to start breakfast when the baby woke up. Fell asleep again nursing the baby. Chip ended up making breakfast.
After I showered, I tried on my new Enwrapture skirts, but then realized I had no tops to go with them. Changed. Got Chip to hang out the diapers while I started school with the kids. We are learning about Jackson Pollock for art appreciation.
We said goodbye to Daddy. I forgot to do devotions--DOH!--and instead we started on math. Did Katie Grace's lesson first (finding the missing addend) while Michael worked on geography and handwriting. Then Nicholas shoved his book at me, so I did a lesson with him while Michael and Katie Grace worked on their own. Then Michael and I corrected yesterday's work and did today's lesson (three and four digit subtraction with regrouping). Katie Grace was still working on her lesson, Nicholas was playing robot duplos, and Michael was doing his math on the sofa. Daniel was playing under the table, and it was at this point I spilled my tea. On his head. Changed Daniel. Cleaned the mess. Sniffed Daniel's head, which now smelled like TAZO "Awake". Thank goodness I drink my tea iced.
Katie Grace was being really pokey with math. We worked on it together a bit while Michael finished his and Nicholas played "Count and Build." I had index cards with numerals one through ten on them. He would pull a card and then build something with that many blocks. Here's ten!
At this point, everyone was caught up with handwriting, geography, math, spelling, writing, and reading. I'm not sure when, but at some point they both got their daily geography done and Michael read a chapter of Tuck Everlasting. So they went outside to play. Nicholas, Daniel, and I read a few stories and cuddled and did what passes for circle anymore-- sang some songs and said some nursery rhymes. I was going to clean, but got a phone call from a friend about La Leche League/Homeschool Book Club, so instead I talked on the phone and nursed the baby to sleep. Hung up abruptly when Michael came in crying that he had broken his fingers.
He hadn't.
Put the baby upstairs, made lunch (tostadas), and then we cleaned up. Next we read a chapter from Augustine Came to Kent.
I started Michael on grammar and then Katie Grace and I read some books about whales. By then it was almost 2:00 and time for orchestra.
I dropped Michael off at the school and ran to the bank. Then we stopped at the education store my kids call "The Thomas Store" because of the awesome train table. Left with a little make-your-own board book and a book about cartooning for Michael.
We picked Michael up and came home. We read a small section of Story of the World and then reviewed Latin. We didn't have a whole lot of new stuff today. We ended with science-- Michael finished drawing examples of pattern in nature in his main lesson book, and Katie Grace worked on the first page of her report on whales.
The day was officially over, but the fun never stops. The kids helped me make some bread and some rolls, Daniel managed to put a lid on a Sigg bottle (I was shocked!), and Michael read two more chapters of Tuck Everlasting on his own. When Chip came home, he had just enough time to go apologize to the neighbors because Katie Grace, for reasons known only to her, decided to also practice her spelling words on their front walk, before taking her to ballet.
Oh, and Daniel learned something new today too.
We're so proud. *sniff*
0 comments:
Post a Comment