Friday, September 5, 2008

September Decluttering Challenge

I've joined the September Decluttering Challenge on MDC. Some mamas are counting items; I'm doing it by area. I'm trying to be honest and take pictures as things are. I'm learning that decluttering and general tidying go hand in hand. Things are neater, but still need to be decluttered more. That's Phase II.

Before decluttering, after Daniel attacked, LOL!

After. Threw away two pairs of undonatable shoes, sent extra jackets up the attic and sweaters and church shoes to rooms, and got rid of about 10 books. Is it really getting rid of them if you do Paperback Swap and get more books for them though? I also sent some LLL stuff down to the basement.

Before
After. Mostly I got rid of paper clutter on the top and tidied the books.

We're book people. I don't want to declutter my books! *stomps foot*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job :)


I only post books on Book Mooch and Paperback Swap that I know will go QUICK so they aren't hanging around adding to the Unwanted Stuff.Otherwise, I post the books on Bookcrossings and leave them around town playing Book Fairy :P
I save my Paperback Swap & Book Mooch credits for those books I can't find at the library or fell in love with I HAD to have a copy.